Our firm handles a wide range of intellectual properties including patents, trademarks and designs, both in Japan and overseas, and can firmly respond to other work including disputes and contracting issues in a one-stop manner in alliance with Kuzuwa Law Office.
IP prosecution & management (both in Japan and overseas)
- Identifying and investigating inventions, patents, utility models, trademarks and designs
- Filing applications and helping prosecution for IP rights before JPO Examiners
- Appeal to JPO Board of Appeal against Examiner’s final rejection
- Appeal against JPO formality decision based on the Administrative Appeal Act
- IP management services
- Translation of IP documents, etc.
- Third-party observation
- Invalidation Trial before JPO Trial Board
- Non-use cancellation trial and Unauthorized-use cancellation trial against Trademarks
- Appeal to IP High Court for cancellation of JPO Board of Appeal decision or Trial Board decision
- Infringement litigation before District Court and/or IP High Court, warning letters and/or negotiations vis-à-vis infringements
- Countermeasures against counterfeit products (procedures for injunction at customs, responses on websites, warnings, etc.)
Expert Opinion, Licensing, Consulting
- Freedom to operate (FTO search and report）
- Expert opinion (Appraisal) on validity/infringement of IP rights
- Preparation and review of license agreements, joint application agreements, assignment agreements of IP rights, etc.
- Preparation and review of employees’ invention regulations
- Proposal of IP strategy
IP services related to Regulatory Affairs
- Filing patent term extension applications and helping their prosecutions; Filing Invalidation trials against registered patent term extensions
- Advice on acquisition, defense and attack of regulatory-affairs-related IP rights
- Advice on regulatory procedures from IP perspectives